Summer Veggie Skillet
Cooked veggies do have a homey taste and texture, and wonderful flavors and aromas are released with a little heat. This Summer Veggie Skillet will definitely be in the rotation this summer. (Serves 6-8)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1/2 cup Onion Diced
- 2-4 Tbsps Olive Oil
- 4 Medium White Potatoes 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 Sprigs of Rosemary Finely Chopped
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes Halved
- 1 Can of Quartered Artichoke Hearts
- 2 cups Baby Bellas Sliced and Chopped
- 2 Medium Zucchini 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Chopped Parsley
- 2 cups Spinach Chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- *Optional – Parmesan cheese for non-vegans
- In a large skillet on medium heat, saute garlic and onions in olive oil until the garlic is golden, about 5 minutes. Then add potatoes and rosemary and stir until coated. Add more olive oil if necessary. Cook and stir until potatoes begin to soften slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, zucchini, and parsley and cook for 10-20 minutes until veggies have reached desired tenderness.
- Stir in spinach until wilted and serve immediately.
- Optional – Non-vegans, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.